Comments trickled in over the last couple of weeks that people didn’t appreciate the Little Pepe pickle as much as his pickle brothers.
Why hate Little Pepe I ask? Just because he’s a bit smaller, and a bit spicier, does not mean he doesn’t try just as hard to be a great pickle. Maybe the fault lies not in the pickle, but in the pickle preparation?
I thought that very thing Monday night as I bit into Mr. Little Pepe, and then the idea struck. Why not include this little spicy number in one of my favorite foods – turkey burgers! Without further ado, I happily present Pickle of the Month’s very first pickle recipe!
Little Pepe Spicy Turkey Burgers
- One package ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 8 shakes of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Litte Pepe, finely chopped
- Mix ingredients together in bowl
- Form delicious turkey burger patties
- Take a swig of the beer you’re drinking (you should be drinking, you’re making pickle burgers for goodness sake)
- Grill delicious turkey burger patties
- Enjoy! I like to have mine with ketchup and mustard, some enjoy barbecue sauce.